Reclining in my grandpa's chair, in the loft of our home, I type again. The sounds of family below, discussing the past, present and future of college basketball teams. Such enthusiasm and strong opinions with emotion streaming back and forth. It is amusing to hear.
This time next year, our daughter will be hearing the same conversations re-streaming throughout the walls of this house. It will be interesting whether we will have 3-4 foot snow drifts trapping us in or if we will have more mild weather, but all the same, she should be here.
Tickles is sleeping, resting her head on my leg. Such a tiny, old doggie to have such a spunky personality. We are feeling a bit lazy and antsy all at the same time. Staying home but forced to remain in a common area together can be rather interesting at times. Thus, here I sit in my retreat to the upstairs hide-away.
As I set here....I have to think...and think...with a sigh...I think and state:
Our world continues to turn. Opinions and convictions clashing as they have throughout time. Egypt is in unrest, Haiti, The Dominican Republic, Iran, Iraq, Israel....throughout history, unrest. Even America...so much unrest.
The answer to all is the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
Period.
He is love and He is peace.
His Father is a jealous God, and the only God, and throughout documented time, when He is not worshipped and exalted as King, He will eventually "rock our world!"
I pray for our world...that all will know and turn to Him as their Lord and Savior. Life is short...the days go by so quickly.
His word says, we will be marrying and giving our children away in marriage, and just doing the things of ordinary and every day life....and He will come, "like a thief in the night" and it will be done.
The Gospel of John will change your life. It changed mine.
One God.
One Way to God.
The Son, Jesus Christ.