Sunday, December 5, 2010

We are not born losers. We are not born winners. We ARE born choosers.

While doing genealogy over the past several years...I have found cemeteries where others would never have known they existed.

Finding and documenting the information on the stones and correlating that with information on paper.  My husband always asks,"Why?"  It is hard to explain what the draw is...but it is there.

I often wonder, as I know so many living relatives that are just hard to be around and others that draw me to them, what category all of these found names and stories would have been "special" to be around ...or not so much. 
What mark would they have made on my life?  What mark have they made that I am completely unaware of now?

Some from Germany, some from Ireland and England, early on from Spain....they moved...voyaged across the pond, in hopes of having what I now have.  The knowledge of Christ being the Messiah and my savior, my Peace and my Freedom. 

So whether the personalities, political leanings, and religion are at times uncertain...their chosen paths, brought me here.   

Our choices today, will affect/effect so many generations ahead of us.  With this knowledge, our choices must be well planned and prayed over. 

We plan to bring a child across the pond this next year. 

What will that do for the generations that are to come from her? 

I hope the very same that my ancestors have done for me.

Thankful!
W.